Answers to frequently asked questions regarding your Meijer® Visa® Prepaid CardExpand All
- When will the Meijer® Visa Prepaid Card be discontinued?
- Effective May 1, 2017, all services in connection with this card program will be discontinued. Your account will close on May 1, 2017.This means that on the effective date your Meijer Card will no longer be usable.
- Why is the Meijer Card being discontinued?
- The Meijer Card has provided cardholders with a safe and easy alternative to banking / financial services. As the prepaid market has grown and evolved, there are now more prepaid card solutions available to consumers, and Blackhawk has decided to discontinue the Meijer® Visa Prepaid Card program.
- What should I do before my card is discontinued?
If you have recurring load activity, such as direct deposit with your bank, payment provider or employer, you must make arrangements to stop these loads from posting to your account as soon as possible before March 2, 2017. Any recurring loads sent to the account on or after March 2, 2017 will be rejected and returned to the payer.
If you have set up recurring bill payments, you must cancel and make other arrangements, as bill payments will not be made after May 1, 2017.
Please consider withdrawing, spending, or paying down your remaining balance prior to May 1, 2017.
- How long will I be able to reload my Meijer Card?
- Effective March 2, 2017, you will not be able to reload your Meijer Card. This means all cash loads, mobile check deposits, and recurring load activity, such as direct deposit of your pay or government benefits payments, will no longer be available. If you have recurring load activity you must make arrangements with your bank, payment provider or payroll department to stop these loads from posting to your account as soon as possible before March 2, 2017. Any recurring loads sent to the account on or after March 2, 2017 will be rejected and returned to the payer.
- How long will I have access to my Meijer Card Account online?
- You will be able to access your account online until May 1, 2017.
- How can I file a dispute after the program is discontinued?
If you suspect an error, have questions about a transaction, or wish to dispute a transaction that has posted to your card account after your account has closed, you can complete the dispute form that will be available on the website at www.meijer.PayPower.com or by contacting customer service at 888-206-4386. You will be required to provide the following information:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Your card account number
- A description of the error or the transaction you are unsure about. Explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- Your e-mail address
Send the above information to:
Cardholder Dispute Services
6220 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
or fax 1 (623) 336-6699
or email to email@example.com
- What will happen to my remaining account balance if I do not spend it?
Any available balance remaining in the account after May 1, 2017 will be refunded to you by check. The check will be mailed to you at the address on your account within forty-five (45) days of May 1, 2017.
The available balance remaining in the account is subject to adjustment based on refunds and/or the outcome of dispute claims. If a claim is submitted and/or resolved in your favor after May 1, 2017, and a check for the available balance was already sent to you, a separate check representing the value of the favorably resolved claim will be mailed to you.
- I have not received my final check, what should I do?
- Any available balance remaining in the account after May 1, 2017 will be refunded to you by check. The check will be mailed to you at the address on your account within forty-five (45) days of May 1, 2017. If it is past the forty-five (45) day window, you had a remaining balance on your account and you have not received a final check, please call the telephone number printed on the back of your Meijer Card.